Once again American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) has created a lot of buzz at SEMA this year with the introduction of their Brute Double Cab Conversion for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Almost a decade after the Brute pickup truck conversion first debuted in 2002, AEV continues to set the bar high.
Unlike the JK-8 conversion kit available from Mopar, the Double Cab Brute features four doors with a separate pickup truck bed. Based off of a four-door JK Wrangler Unlimited, AEV stretched the chassis 23” to bring the wheel base to 139”. An increase of 30” to the overall length of 216” is achieved with a small frame extension at the rear to accommodate the pickup bed. With 44” between the wheel wells, the larger Brute features inside bed dimensions of 61” x 60”, offering a good amount of cargo space for a highly capable off-road vehicle.
This particular Double Cab Brute is also outfitted with an abundance of Jeep Wrangler accessories from AEV as well as other aftermarket manufacturers. Possibly the most impressive improvement is the addition of a 6.4L Hemi V8 producing 475 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque.
- AEV Heat Reduction Hood
- AEV Premium Front Bumper
- AEV Front Skid Plate
- AEV Winch Mount
- AEV Double Cab Rear Bumper
- AEV Cordura Seat Covers
- AEV 4.5” DualSport RS Suspension
- AEV Savegre Wheels – Argent
- AEV Hemi Conversion Kit
- Chrysler 6.4L VVT Hemi, WA580 Transmission, 241OR Transfer Case
- 475 HP, 475 LB-FT of Torque
- Warn 9.5ti Winch
- IPF 900XDS Off-Road Lights
- Interco Super Swamper IROK 37x12.50R17 Tires
- Dynatrac ProRock 44, High Ground Clearance Front Axle Assembly
- Dynatrac Heavy-Duty Front Ball Joint Assemblies for Jeep JK
- Dynatrac ProRock 60, High Ground Clearance Rear Axle Assembly
- 4.56 Gear Ratio
- Cored Composite Pickup Bed
- 61”L x 60”W Bed
- Steel Cab Closeout
- Custom Hardtop Retains Freedom Panels
- Wheel Base: 139”
- Overall Length: 216”
AEV will offer the Brute Double Cab as a turn-key vehicle with an expected production release by mid 2012. The first orders will be offered exclusively to current AEV vehicle owners and AEV authorized dealers with orders opening to the public as production ramps up.